Our bi-annual meetings are a great opportunity for catching up with old and new friends. There’s no need to book, and they are free to full members of Manresa Link.
Spring 2019 meeting
Our next meeting is on 12th March 2019
at St Luke’s Church Centre,
Great Colmore Street, Lee Bank B15 2AT
from 7.00pm to 9.30pm.
In "Dreams – God’s Forgotten Language", Sr Morag Gardham will be presenting an
introduction to ways of honouring the gift of our dreams and
understanding their symbolic language, plus some guidelines for
listening to another’s dream in the context of spiritual accompanying.
Morag asks: "If you can, please bring with you one of your own dreams,
old or recent, written out in as much detail as possible and in the
present tense. You will not be asked to read it out but there will be a
short space in the evening to work with it personally".
Refreshments will be available from 7.00pm.
Resources from the September 2018 meeting with Fr Kevin O'Rourke can be found here
1. List of resources for this workshop
2. Skills for celibate living (Falkenhain)
3. Ten elements that support Celibacy (Sipe)
4. Skills for celibacy (Pable)
5. Chastity case studies
6. Boundaries in relationships
7. Eight types of intimacy
8. Three approaches to affective maturity
9. Can friendship be dangerous?
10. The Invitation
11. The prayer of a priest on a Sunday night
1. Sexuality and Intimacy - your sexual story (Luisa Safiotti)
2. Israel’s spirituality of sex
3. Questions for reflection (Luisa Safiotti)
4. Seven ways of dealing with sexual feelings (one page from Krenik’s book)
5. Lessons from John Jay Report (Monica Applewhite)
6. Tell God the truth about our sexuality (Bill Barry S.J.)
7. Cybersex Addiction: excellent short (two-page) article on addiction to pornography
8. Intimacy and Healthy Affective Maturity (McClone)
9. The slow work of God
10. Book (scanned). Formation for Priestly Celibacy (Fr Thomas Krenik)
1. Affectivity overview
2. Neuroscience and Pornography
1. Reading list and online resources for affective maturity
2. Booklet: Your Brain on Porn
3. Sexuality, Intimacy and Celibacy - Chapter from book Sex, Priestly Ministry and the Church (Len Sperry)
4. Boundaries in Ministry (Fortune)
5. Healthy Sexuality Model (Fiberg & Laaser)
6. Boundaries Guidelines
(Back to Members' Area main page)